We are part of one of the largest payment companies in the world that has subsidiaries in all 5 continents and more than 25 countries. In Brazil, our mission is to simplify finances for businesses and entrepreneurs, offering a complete financial solution that is omnichannel and has online and offline integration and providing banking autonomy to our clients. We are in operation since 2007 and we believe that finances can help people and businesses prosper.
We innovate on the way we offer our solutions with flexibility and we are always focused on our clients. We know that finances are complicated, but we work every day to simplify it and lead the change in financial services in the world.
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organisation.
- Guiding the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Business Analyst, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a similar field
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing.
- Excellent communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Kanban
- Software product development experience
- Enthusiasm for software development and electronic payment systems
- Competitive salary, meal and transportation vouchers.
- Health plan, dental plan and life insurance.
- Startup culture, Foosball table, Board Games, Casual Beers, Daily Fruits.
- Gympass, SESC partnership, massage therapy and manicure.
- Language learning incentives.
- Weekly Home-office.