Product Owner (In-Store team)
Wirecard is a globally operating and leading provider of technology for electronic payments in all distribution channels: Online, mobile and at the point-of-sale.
As a software and IT service provider listed on the TecDAX of the Deutsche Börse, Wirecard AG, based in Aschheim near Munich, is one of the globally leading independent providers of outsourcing and white label solutions for payment innovations.
The companies belonging to the Wirecard Group develop intelligent solutions to assist mail-order merchants, tourism and haulage companies as well as providers of digital goods and services with electronic payment transactions.
About the Products & Engineering team:
We are a multidisciplinary team that seeks to offer solutions for real world problems through technology. We work in a autonomous environment, where teams have ownership and take care of their product development cycle in alignment with Wirecard's global strategy, from product discovery, to design and production.
That's how we emulate small start-ups inside Wirecard - by making our teams 100% accountable for the success of our solutions.
We celebrate our accomplishments every Friday (with beer), we have weekly tech-talks where team members can share their knowledge and experience, and everything happens with a genuine wish to help customers and to learn.
About being a Product Owner at Wirecard:
As a Product Owner you will play a crucial role in product development, defining a future for the payment market by offering high impact solutions.
You must address the needs from users and businesses and implement your vision along with the development team, using agile principles, prioritizing activities and sustaining a roadmap.
The Product Owner of the In-Store team needs a deep understanding of the payments market and a desirable understanding of in-store solutions. You should be able to address omnichannel based solutions that will enable merchants to connect their store payments with other third party softwares. You must take decisions on what hardware is best suitable for the business based on your stakeholders' need. You must offer a fantastic experience to the merchants using your product and reduce as much as possible any integration friction that might delay and/or complicate the merchant's onboarding.
Goals and duties:
- You must be able to understand what are the payment hardware offers as well as how each of them works.
- Be responsible for the P&L of Wirecard Brazil's In-Store products;
- You must deeply understand Wirecard Brazil's clients, so that you are able to identify problems, opportunities and new possibilities that may make us grow and improve our clients' everyday lives;
- Translate the company strategy to new products and features;
- Engage coworkers, partners and clients in your team's product vision;
- Define your products' positioning and value proposition;
- Manage your backlog;
- Work together with the engineering team in order to build great solutions;
- Collaborate cross-functionally with: Engineering, Design, Data Science, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Compliance, and Risk
- Represent the team in communication with cross functional teams.
Apply only if you have:
- Experience: 3+ years of product experience in Payments
- Efficiency: Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: You're a self-starter and get things across the finish line
- Hustle: You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Bonus points if you’ve worked at a rapidly growing startup.
- Analytics: Leverage data to make informed decisions that can be clearly articulated.
- Inspiring mind-set: Looking forward to build something incredible
- Understanding transactional and post-transactional standards (authorization, capture, cancellation and chargeback);
- Understanding about payment conversion;
- Advanced/Fluent English;
- Being communicative and enjoy teamwork;
- Having experience on agile frameworks such as kanban and scrum;
- Enjoying problem solving
- Bonus points if you’ve worked at ERPs/Management Softwares and In-Store Acquirers/Sub-Acquires
- Competitive salary package.
- Meal allowance (ticket refeição);
- Fuel or public transportation allowance (only 2% discount);
- Health and dental care;
- Gympass subsidy;
- Life insurance;
- Sesc partnership
- Subsidies for English, Spanish or German classes;
We also boast:
- A great career development plan;
- An environment which is both informal and collaborative;
- Free beer every Friday, along with tech talks and meetups;
- A cafeteria with vending machines, games, and free coffee, tea and fruits;
- Hack days every three months (you take the whole day off in order to work on a project with your colleagues);
- Weekly home office day.
Become part of a highly qualified team, united by a vision: to make payment happen. Have we awakened your interest? If so, please send your complete application.