Site Reliability Engineer - SRE (Junior, Full, Senior)
We are part of one of the largest payment companies in the world that has subsidiaries in all 5 continents and more than 25 countries. In Brazil, our mission is to simplify finances for businesses and entrepreneurs, offering a complete financial solution that is omnichannel and has online and offline integration and providing banking autonomy to our clients. We are in operation since 2007 and we believe that finances can help people and businesses prosper.
We innovate on the way we offer our solutions with flexibility and we are always focused on our clients. We know that finances are complicated, but we work every day to simplify it and lead the change in financial services in the world.
Site Reliability Engineer
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Wirecard Brazil, you will work on a multi-cultural environment with co-workers geographically distributed where you'll have to have a clear understanding of team demands and be proactively involved into high-priority topics.
You'll work with a platform responsible for process millions of payments per day demanding high availability and operated in a traditional model but gradually evolving through agile approaches and practicing DevOps and SRE concepts.
We expect a self-motivated person, willing to accept our big challenges with discipline, accountability, taking ownership of the tasks and projects, thinking about solutions in order to achieve a higher level of operational efficiency.
- Participate in the project kick-offs within the area of expertise.
- Ensuring and sustaining reliability and availability of the applications within the area of expertise, within the defined thresholds.
- Execute application deployments following procedures and good practices of configuration management.
- Maintain the stability and functionality of the overall platform
- Knowledge transfer and training newcomers within the area of expertise.
- Contribute to incident root cause analysis, effective incident handling, and definition of preventive measures
- Understand and maintain comprehensive SLAs (Service Level Agreement) and the implementation and monitoring of KPIs.
- Provisioning of application run-time data (log files, DB queries, etc..) to business analysts and developers in order to analyze issues.
- Guarantee governance processes conformance with policies and audits and the internal documentation (e.g. manuals).
- Advanced or Fluent English
- Strong Linux/Unix-like skills
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language.
- Experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, C++, Java, etc).
- Some experience in configuration management (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc)
- Ability in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Some experience with application containers (e.g. Tomcat, Jetty, jBoss)
- Database Knowledge (SQL query development with relational databases such as Oracle/MySQL; general knowledge of NoSQL databases).
- Knowledge of the Infrastructure and Application Monitoring (tools such as Nagios, Elastic Stack, AppDynamics, Grafana, Zabbix, Librato, Newrelic and others; ability to design and implement new monitoring checks).
- Some experience or knowledge about application and service automation (e.g. Rundeck, Airflow, etc)
- Global challenges exposure in one of the world biggest fintechs (Wirecard)
- Office with great infrastructure in an excellent location (Itaim)
- Competitive packages
- Heath, dental and life insurance
- Flex Car (combustível)
- Free fruits in the office
- Meal allowance
- Language learning incentives
- Gym incentives
- SESC partnership