With 16 years of experience on the market, Wirecard AG offers more than 25,000 customers state-of-the-art technology, transparent real time reporting services and support in developing their international payment strategies: offline, online or mobile. The Wirecard Group has been supporting companies in accepting electronic payments from all sales channels. A global multi-channel platform bundles international payment acceptances and methods, flanked by fraud prevention solutions. When it comes toissuing their own payment instruments in the form of cards or mobile payment solutions, Wirecard provides companies with an end-to-end infrastructure, including the requisite issuing licences for card and account products.
About our Product & Engineering organisation
We are a multifunction team that uses technology and design to solve our customers problems and help them to thrive. We structure ourselves in small autonomous team with defined mission (aligned with Wirecard's strategy). This is our way to emulate small startups inside an scaling company. The teams owns the products and are 100% responsible for their success (or failure). We celebrate our wins every Friday, share our knowledge in guilds, meet-ups and tech-talks. We dream big, plan 3 months (with Okrs) and delivery value and ship code every day.
More about our team
General Description of the Role
Applications Engineer is responsible for providing expert-level support for application operation, environment configuration, deployments, automation and monitoring within the area of expertise.
- Participation in the project kick-offs within the area of expertise.
- Approval of the applications infrastructure design, implementation, environment and monitoring implementation for applications within the area of expertise.
- Ensuring and sustaining reliability and availability of the applications within the area of expertise, within the defined thresholds.
- Ensuring the proper level of documentation, and sharing the knowledge about new updates within the area of expertise.
- Knowledge transfer and training newcomers within the area of expertise.
- The Application Engineer is responsible for the infrastructure design, implementation, maintenance and release of new applications and corresponding monitoring tools.
- The Application Engineer is responsible for the stability and functionality of the overall platform.
- The Application Engineer is responsible for the continuous improvement of delivery processes and application performance.
- The Application Engineer is responsible for comprehensive SLAs (Service Level Agreement) and the implementation and monitoring of KPIs.
- The Application Engineer is responsible for the incident root cause analysis, effective incident handling, and definition of preventive measures.
- The Application Engineer is responsible for the provision of application run-time data (log files, DB queries, etc..) to business analysts and developers in order to analyze issues.
- The Application Engineer is responsible for the conformance of governance processes with policies and audits and the internal documentation (e.g. manuals).
- Have strong Linux/Unix-like skills.
- Have proficiency in at least one scripting language.
- Have strong experience with application and service automation (e.g. Rundeck, Airflow, etc).
- Strong experience in configuration management (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc).
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with application containers (e.g. Tomcat, Jetty, jBoss).
- Extensive Database Knowledge (SQL query development with relational databases such as Oracle/MySQL; general knowledge of NoSQL databases).
- Comprehensive Knowledge of the Infrastructure and Application Monitoring (knowledge of monitoring tools such as Nagios, Elastic Stack, AppDynamics, Grafana, Zabbix, Librato, Newrelic and others; ability to design and implement new monitoring checks).
- Experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, C++, Java, etc).
- Good Knowledge of the best practices in Application High Availability, SRE, DevOps, CI/CD.
- Ability to work in the agile environment, knowledge of the agile methodologies.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Data driven approach to analysis, troubleshooting, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Cultural Competency (experience in working across multi-cultural, geographically distributed teams).
- Having a clear understanding of the team priorities, and pro-actively being involved into the high-priority topics.
- Clearly and thoroughly documenting developed solutions, actively sharing the knowledge, participating in the on-boarding other team members (willing to go extra mile).
- Being able to be a reference for the other team members, being a reference for the business processes and/or technologies. - Willing to help other team members and to coach them.
- Ambition (self-motivated).
- Independence (able to work independently and takes initiative).
- Organizational Skills (e.g. ability to prioritize and use a structured approach).
- Accountability (Trustworthiness).
- Customer Orientation.
- Proactively taking ownership of the tasks with unclear responsibilities.
- Taking ownership of the projects and tasks, and driving them to the resolution.
- Thinking in solutions.
- Pro-actively seeking for opportunities for self-development and growth (intellectual curiosity).
- Global challenges exposure in one of the world biggest fintechs (Wirecard)
- Office with great infrastructure in an excellent location (Itaim)
- Competitive packages
- Heath, dental and life insurance
- Flex Car (combustível)
- Free fruits in the office
- Meal allowance
- Language learning incentives
- Gym incentives
- SESC partnership