Senior Product Owner (E-commerce team)
Wirecard is a globally operating and leading provider of technology for electronic payments in all distribution channels: Online, mobile and at the point-of-sale.
As a software and IT service provider listed on the TecDAX of the Deutsche Börse, Wirecard AG, based in Aschheim near Munich, is one of the globally leading independent providers of outsourcing and white label solutions for payment innovations.
The companies belonging to the Wirecard Group develop intelligent solutions to assist mail-order merchants, tourism and haulage companies as well as providers of digital goods and services with electronic payment transactions.
About the Products & Engineering team:
We are a multidisciplinary team that seeks to offer solutions for real world problems through technology. We work in a autonomous environment, where teams have ownership and take care of their product development cycle in alignment with Wirecard's global strategy, from product discovery, to design and production.
That's how we emulate small start-ups inside Wirecard - by making our teams 100% accountable for the success of our solutions.
We celebrate our accomplishments every friday (with beer), we have weekly tech-talks where team members can share their knowledge and experience, and everything happens with a genuine wish to help customers and to learn.
About being a Product Owner at Wirecard
As a Product Owner you will play a crucial role in product development, defining a future for the payment market by offering high impact solutions.
You must address the needs from users and businesses and implement your vision along with the development team, using agile principles, prioritizing activities and sustaining a roadmap.
The Product Owner of the Ecommerce / Gateway team needs a deep understanding of the payments market and its fast innovation cycle. You must offer fantastic and secure payment services for e-commerces, marketplaces and platforms, enabling any business model that fits our strategy. Also, you must ensure our payment processing systems are reliable and provide the widest possible variety of local payment methods for brazilian customers.
Goals and duties:
- You must deeply understand the brazilian landscape for e-commerces, marketplaces and platforms, and create great product strategies accordingly;
- You must deeply understand how a payment gateway works, be able to integrate new payment methods and support old ones;
- Be responsible for the P&L of Wirecard Brazil's main products;
- You must deeply understand Wirecard Brazil's clients, so that you are able to identify problems, opportunities and new possibilities that may make us grow and improve our clients' everyday lives;
- Translate the company strategy to new products and features;
- Engage coworkers, partners and clients in your team's product vision;
- Define your products' positioning and value proposition;
- Manage your backlog;
- Work together with the engineering team in order to build great solutions;
- Work together with the sales and marketing teams in order to launch products with great impact.
Apply only if you have:
- Proven Knowledge about Ecommerces and gateways;
- Deep understanding about the payment market;
- Understanding transactional and post-transactional standards (authorization, capture, cancellation and chargeback);
- Understanding about payment conversion;
- Knowing how to identify and prioritize opportunities;
- Extremely analytical mindset
- Advanced/Fluent English;
- Being communicative and enjoy teamwork;
- Having experience on all product development stages;
- Having experience on agile frameworks such as kanban and scrum;
- Enjoying problem solving
- Competitive salary package.
- Meal allowance (ticket refeição);
- Fuel or public transportation allowance (only 2% discount);
- Health and dental care;
- Gympass subsidy;
- Life insurance;
- Sesc partnership
- Subsidies for English, Spanish or German classes;
We also boast:
- A great career development plan;
- An environment which is both informal and collaborative;
- Free beer every Friday, along with tech talks and meetups;
- A cafeteria with vending machines, games, and free coffee, tea and fruits;
- Hack days every three months (you take the whole day off in order to work on a project with your colleagues);
- Weekly home office day.
Become part of a highly qualified team, united by a vision: to make payment happen. Have we awakened your interest? If so, please send your complete application.